The week before my wedding you could have found me downing liters of Cranberry Juice and Water. Sometimes I’d add a bit of stevia to sweeten but the magic potion for ‘beating the bloat’ is just Cranberry Juice and Water, we will call it ‘Cran Water’.
Cranberry juice acts as a natural diuretic by flushing out all of the excess fluids in your body. For some people that means up to 5-7 lbs! It’s well worth the try. Make sure that you buy the 100% Cranberry Juice and not the cranberry mixed with water, sugar, and apple juice, that grocery shelves are populated with. I find mine in the “All Natural Section.”
Be consistent and you will notice a difference! I sip one glass throughout the day just for good measure.
How to Make Cran Water:
1. Purchase 100% Pure Cranberry juice. I Like R.D. Knudson (buy here)
2. Mix together 1 oz. of Cranberry with 1 cup of water.
3. Add stevia to sweeten
As a Bonus:
- Cranberry juice is great for preventing Urinary Tract Infections, inhibits growth of bacteria in the mouth, and aids in the prevention of Kidney Stones.
- Cranberries contain high levels of phytochemicals (that’s what gives it it’s rich color) and antioxidants (for fighting free radicals that cause cancer).
- It nourishes the body with carbohydrates, proteins and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, potassium, zinc and vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, Vitamin B6, E and K.
- An 8 oz. serving also counts as 1 fruit serving for the day in ‘My Plate’.