It’s a balmy 73 degrees and gloomy instead of the usual 91 degrees and sunny. I don’t want to be awake. I opened my eyes at 5:30 this morning to my husband saying, ‘ugh it’s raining.’ I closed them again with the hope that my non sleeping daughter would remain asleep until… i don’t know… 9, if I’m lucky. That never happens.
Let’s count the day’s low points today. It’s not very positive but what the heck. It’s only 2 o’clock.
1. Tried to feed C some banana… she ate none of it but she had a blast throwing it in my hair.
2. Tried to buy my favorite filtered water pitcher at Williams Sonoma (so I can stop polluting the earth with water bottles) but they don’t carry it anymore. I went to Macy’s but they don’t sell water pitchers -period.
3. Made a new version of my ‘banana cookies’, they were deeee-licious. C loved them so much she took my favorite ‘blog worthy’ one and crushed it into pieces with her cute little hands. I wasn’t even mad.
4. A complete stranger touched my baby. I’m sorry, please don’t touch my baby.
5. I realized how rude that sounds but someone out there must understand… someone.
Always end on a positive note…
-Keeping Up With The Kardashians started again. They look like different people this season but the drama is still there so I watch. Don’t make fun, it’s my guilty pleasure. That and the mac and cheese from Whole Foods hot bar that I snuck a few bites from yesterday. It’s not gluten free, dairy free, or healthy for that matter but it reminds me of my childhood and I loved my childhood. Thanks mom and dad.
-Speaking of mom and dad… Ma familia is coming into town and my sister turned 17 yesterday. Birthday’s make me want to bake a cake… a big massive beautiful cake. My mother is basically the queen of cakes… at least I think she is anyway.
((((see photo below))))
Doesn’t it make you want to abandon all dietary restrictions you have and have a slice? or two? I would probably have two. I’m only human.
-Cakes make me think of my grandmother. She used to bake us cakes and put money in them. We all hoped to get the slice with the quarter inside (I feel like there were also dollar bills involved but I’m not sure how she pulled that off)….Yes, I know ‘that doesn’t seem very sanitary’ but who worries about sanitation when there is money involved and you’re under the age of 10? Or 26 for that matter.
-That’s the first time i’ve written my age down since my birthday. I am old. But that’s okay.
-I had a super yummy salad today for lunch. It made up for the mac and cheese I ate (see above). Composed of spinach, carrots, sweet potato, blueberries, and broccoli sprouts, I topped it off decadently with a fried egg-over easy. Everything is better with a fried egg…
I’m off to call my mother and force her to bake these ‘what-cha-ma-call-it banana things’ I made this morning. They taste so good but what’s a cookie without a name?
talk to you later.
p.s. my husband just got home and apparently it didn’t rain this morning and he never said anything about rain. I must’ve been dreaming. xx