In 23 years of living i’ve realized, finally, that if you are good enough, smart enough, powerful enough, or funny enough, your ‘talent’ will speak for itself.
For instance, when i was home, i found myself reading my little brothers 7th grade yearbook. It seemed to me that according to a lot of girls and boys, my brother was nice, funny, and smart. Not once have i ever heard him say these things yet i completely agree.
My feeling is that this is also true for this Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Meringue Icing. Just – look. at. it. This is a chocolate cake recipe to remember.
This icing reminds me of being a kid. It’s sticky and sweet. It sinks into the cake and makes it one fun and yummy treat.
Cocoa Meringue Icing
3 egg whites
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 pack small strawberries
1) Place egg whites in a double broiler over low heat. Warm egg whites through and add sugar, whisk until melted through.
2) Remove the egg whites from the heat and add to stand mixer when cool.
3) Whisk until soft peaks form and add the cocoa powder
4) Once you have stiff peaks remove and add to a piping bag.
5) Pipe onto cupcakes and top with strawberry.
You can also top it with Chocolate Ganache and optionally whip it into icing. Try adding a little coffee or coffee extract to bring out the chocolate flavor of the ganache.