This is primarily a cooking blog and I may have completely forgot to tell you about Ina Garden? I think I did. I met her, she said five words to me. Hip Hip! I made Ryan wait in line with me at Williams Sonoma but it was so worth it (for me); Her new book is wonderful!
Here she is uttering those five words.
Here she is totally ignoring the fact that we were trying to get a picture with her. Rather, I was trying to get a picture with her.
Here are the amazing donuts from the book that I made for my R’s birthday breakfast. They pair beautifully with Hot Chocolate.
And… here’s the recipe!
Ina Garden’s Cinnamon Baked Donuts
For the doughnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon